Home Forums Song of the Pale Stone Beta Feedback Level Advancement Damage and Capacity Balance Fix

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      fractalform
      Keymaster

During level advancement, there are currently options for characters to increase their damage per attack (at +1) or their capacity. Terri made a good point that this is not well balanced, given that the capacity increase is fixed at +1 per advancement chance, but the damage is a bonus that applies for any successful attack, so players will likely only choose to increase damage since it has an obvious advantage. I agree, and in the updates we roll out I am going to change this advancement bonus.

Players should feel free to implement this change now:

+1 to Damage/attack

OR

+1 to Capacity/level.

Increasing the capacity per level I think helps balance this out a bit better. Let me know what you think!

Terri

I love it. That’s what I think. I think it’s important too (just as an aside) to choose the one that makes the most sense for your character’s experience during the campaign and the way they approach their goals. That’s something that I am trying to do more of- instead of being tempted to metagameĀ and choose the perks that make the most tactical sense to me, I’m trying to be as true as possible to what my character would realistically be picking up on their adventure and gradually getting better at according to their concentrated efforts and experiences. I think I did that best with Bubby- I’ll be experimenting more with Mordello on that front the next time we level and/or the next Horizons campaign.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.