Home Forums Adventure-Crafted Stories Letters to Rory

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Terri 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

saelbrin
    Keymaster

Dear Rory,

I keep having these crazy dreams. The same dreams as a fellow companion. It’s like someone’s forcibly giving us these twisted visions. I don’t know why. I mean, we kinda sold this taboo ancient artifact for tons of $$ to a 23429038 year-old crusty-mustached sorcerer in Slab Alley, but it was just metal and stuff. It didn’t even have anything on the inside! I know’ it’s not eating sugar before sleeping because I ate my tootsie rolls like FOUR HOURS before bedtime. What is happening to me?

Please advise fix.

Signed,
    In Your Dreams

Terri

Dear Rory,

I saw my friends eat a person right in front of me yesterday, and I can’t help feeling a little awkward with them now. The person wasn’t a good guy- he probably murdered people and had intended on robbing and killing us. So there’s that. But how come my buddy tore a person’s beating heart out of their chest, bit it, and spit the pieces on the guy’s face, huh? Isn’t that a little overzealous? Afterward, they just went to town on that corpse like it was an all-you-can-eat buffet and they wanted to get their threnn’s worth. I’m talking ripping bloody human chunks from his bones and sucking the marrow outta places. They ate the face too. No exaggeration. Is this normal? Should I feel weird about this?

Signed,
    Nauseous Kahlniss√°

evansaurus

Dear Rory,

Anytime I have to go No.2 I get a little paranoid that someone is watching me. A little over a month ago I had an ’emergency’ in an alleyway, and a man was peering at me from around the corner. He had this wide-eyed look of astonishment that made me feel a little judged. It happened again only a day later in another alleyway when I was, *errhem*, doing a bit of cleaning. I noticed another stranger (who looked eerily similar to the one before) glaring at me with the same exact look. Is it just my luck to be creeped on in my more intimate moments? Should I just steer clear of alleyways from now on?

Help a Djenndan out.

Signed,
    Duty Calls

saelbrin
    Keymaster

Dear Rory,

I ask for your confidentiality on this one. I am not so much troubled by this issue as I am surprised. I haven’t even told the rest of my companions.

Ever since Dak’sin looked deep into my eyes, into my soul, I’ve not felt the same. That majestic creature stirred something in me. He, a mountain goat; myself a Viantu. I hail from a small place in a big world. But the moment when the animal laid eyes upon me, my world became so small. I see him in so many moments, beautiful Dak’sin. I find myself rising in the morning to wonder if my new beast-friend is comfortable and happy. To my surprise, this attention and affection is not unreciprocated — the goat fetches whatever breakfast Kishsahat has cooked up for us and lays it by my bedroll before I begin each day. I feel something for him I’ve never felt for any other creature, man or beast.

Is this strange? Is this okay? Is this real life? Whatever it is, I am thankful for it. I hope the books keep you buzzing, friend.

Signed,
    gOaT_lUvvR98

Terri

WOW these were a year ago already? Time flies.

Who are we going to write letters to now in Shards of Bravok?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.