Home Forums Song of the Pale Stone Beta Feedback Exciting Updates in 3.2.1

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      fractalform
      Keymaster

Hey, everyone! I’m excited about the updates in my latest beta bump today, version 3.2.1.

Base capacity seemed a little bit unbalanced during level increase to me, so I changed the base capacity from “4 per level” to “5 per level.” So the formula for capacity points is now: [(5*Adventurer Level)]+[Combat Training]+[END bonus or penalty]+[Active Effect]=capacity. In number form it might look something like this: (5*3)+4+0+0=19. It puts a bit more weight in the capacity of an adventurer each level and works in a more balanced way with NPC and Monster encounters. I’m much happier with this all around; let me know what you think!

I updated the character sheet to reflect the above change, and will hopefully have time to recreate the fillable sheet fairly soon.

I removed any gendered pronouns from the “Campaign Launch Chart,” because I thought they were too limiting and that’s not what we want to do with a procedural chart like that. I restructured a few launch descriptions and I think the whole chart seems much more open and inspirational now, far more like a procedural chart should!

I also created some charts called the “Origins Charts,” situated in the book as Appendix 3, p. 190. These charts provide a quick, procedural way to spark inspiration for a character back story and help players quickly determine their background, provincial origins, and languages known. Please roll more characters and let me know how the chart flows and feels.

Finally, I revamped our standard “house rules” style critical strikes into an official game mechanic called critical actions. There are rules in place for rolling a natural 1 or a natural 20, so check it out in the rulebook on p. 113 and let me know what you think.

We’re working with the book every day to try to make it even better and more engaging, and any feedback you can give is valued and appreciated. Cheers, and happy gaming!

And….

We spent a bit of additional time today combing over the specializations and making them more targeted toward their specific attributes. I am very excited about our tweaks and additions! We added mechanics to broaden the combat abilities of certain specializations, changed some of the language and titles of specializations for clarity, and added notes that spell out a mechanic for unarmed combat. Additionally, I addressed four inconsistencies in weapon damage dice that needed adjusting, and I changed the language of the “Hammer” weapon to be “Weight,” which seems to me to be more broad and inclusive.

Very exciting changes here; more intricate updates to make our rulebook more inspiring, useful, and consistent. Let me know what you think!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by fractalform.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.